Environment and Health
- According to Consumer Reports, dog waste is #6 on the list of America’s Top Gripes in 2010
- An average size dog produces 276 lbs. of waste per year and up to 40% goes unscooped.
- According to CNN, an average dog has twice the footprint as driving a SUV 10,000 miles.
- The EPA places dog waste in the same pollution category as toxic chemicals and oil.
- One study found that 20% of bacteria in contaminated water could be traced to a canine source.
- An average dog dropping contain 3 billion fecal bacteria and the CDC warns that disease can transfer from dog waste to children and other pets.
- One dog will produce more bacteria per day than a person, cow and horse combined.